We Need Another Virtual Assistant!
Mast Cell 360 is seeking a Virtual Assistant to support a busy and growing online practice.
Mast Cell 360 is a mission-driven company focused on providing a comprehensive path back to health for those suffering with challenging cases of Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, Mold Toxicity, and related conditions.
Our mission is big! We strive to provide high-quality resources and services to our audience and clients to support them in regaining their health, so they can get back to their hopes, their lives, and their dreams.
We are an all-remote team of 12 people. Our culture is centered on:
- providing excellent customer care
- functioning as a cohesive team, communicating clearly, and supporting one another
- using critical thinking and initiative to solve problems
- always looking for ways to “get it done” better!
For this position, we are seeking a self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and flexible virtual team member to provide customer support, client support with the practice, and general “can you gimme a hand?” help with the growing workload we have.
We are a small but growing organization in the process of expanding to serve more people in need. As the organization grows, there will be opportunities for you to grow in roles and responsibilities as well.
We are not your average company. We offer a unique, upbeat, and compassionate work culture focused on prioritizing the health of the team and team members. We believe that a healthy work-home balance is critical to providing the best customer service we can offer to a chronically ill population.
Yes, everyone says that in one way or another, but how many companies start meetings with a short meditation so the team can be centered and in a good mind-set for making decisions?
We all pitch in and help where help is needed, regardless of specific focus or position in the company. This position would do the same.
Some things that may fall within the general VA role:
- Filtering / sorting / answering emails and phone calls from clients, getting the question to the right person to handle the client’s inquiry.
- Sorting / redirecting, or answering general support inquiries from customers (and to a lesser degree, clinic clients).
- Client follow-up regarding supplements, appointment scheduling and related details, and test kit / lab questions and answers (or finding the right person on the team who can answer!)
- Helping practitioners find client data or other related information.
- Editing and proofreading of documentation we make for public consumption
- Documentation management for things like our website articles
- Minor technical support (generally, helping customers with Master Class access and related issues)
- This role will also help backfill other roles, including supplement ordering, lab ordering, appointment scheduling, and other tasks.
In addition to all of this, we sometimes also focus on a specific area of ‘specialty.’
This Virtual Assistant role isn’t a specialization role, however, that’s absolutely something that the person we hire for this role might do at some point.
Are We a Fit?
All our VAs do similar work across a wide variety of skill sets, and additionally each person also focuses on one or more specific areas of excellence.
- Do you get satisfaction in helping to move things forward?
- Are you the kind of person who senses when someone needs something and loves showing up and helping?
- Do you enjoy connecting and cooperating with others?
- Are you a natural helper?
- Do you have a sense when someone needs help and automatically want to show up and do the work?
- Do you despise starting projects without finishing them?
- Do you get satisfaction by completing projects?
- Does checking items off a to-do list bring a smile to your face and heart?
- Does working through a process from beginning to end, completing each step along the way, appeal to you?
- Are you ever described as tenacious?
- Do you often say “Let’s get it done”?
- Is your motto “Let me help you get things done”?
If so, then this job could be perfect for you!
- Curiosity about making things better, easier, and/or simpler
- Relating to what we do, how we do it, and the tools and processes that we use, to do those things
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party to confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Clear, concise communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Compassionate with our clients and other team members
- Determination and follow-through
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) and Microsoft Office products (MS Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and occasionally PowerPoint). We are migrating from Gmail to Outlook, and skills with both are necessary.
- Familiarity and comfort with communications and interaction online – via email, instant messaging, videoconferencing, and telephone. We are 100% remote, so this is utterly critical.
- You must have reliable, high-speed internet access.
- You need a Windows based laptop or desktop with a microphone, speakers, and camera for joining video meetings and answering internet-based calls. You need competency in using Windows.
- Please note, we do not provide a computer – you must have your own, but we do have staff who are technically competent, and we can help you troubleshoot issues with your Windows-based computer.
- Able to work Monday through Friday, available from 10am to 4pm, US Eastern time. (although we don’t work on federal holidays). This role would ideally be filled by someone who’s looking for 30-40 hours of work per week.
- We do a daily (or close to it) stand-up meeting, and a team meeting once weekly, to maintain good communication and collaboration across the team.
- You should be a detail-oriented person, the sort who always makes sure that “all the i’s are dotted, and t’s are crossed”
Very Useful Traits:
- The ability to identify incremental improvement opportunities in processes being used
- An interest in learning about Mast Cell and Histamine protocols
- If you’ve been a follower of our blog posts and FB Lives for at least 12 months with working knowledge of Mast Cell 360 content, you may have a lot of the background knowledge you’d need, to help people who are just now finding out about us
What We Offer
We routinely offer paid internal development workshops to help us all be our best selves. These include workshops on self-awareness, compassionate communication, Qigong, meditation, and much more.
Our team members have access to numerous internal health and wellness modalities and supports as well.
We value work-life balance and investing in our team members for the long haul. Because of this, we have very little turn-over with our team members. We want our team members to feel like valued members of our organization and look for individuals who are interested in being a part of our mission long-term.
We also offer unlimited access to other resources like our own master classes, and no-cost access to corporately sponsored programs.
We’re also a 100% remote company, and we don’t mind if you tackle some of your work at 3 in the morning or 9 at night.
Compensation is negotiable, and largely dependent on skill and experience. We also offer periodic raises and bonuses based on personal and corporate performance!
Thank you for your interest!