Are your Cell Phone, WiFi Router and other EMFs hurting your Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance?
Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) have been a topic of much debate lately, especially in regards to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance. Many people have been wondering – is this really a big deal? Is my cell phone, tablet, laptop, and WiFi router really a health issue?
I didn’t quite believe it myself at first. We have a lot of technology at my house. And much of it used to be wireless. I didn’t really give it much thought until I noticed I was getting headaches in my office and in my living room at home. Then I heard Dr. Theoharides talk about it. Everything changed for me then.
I was listening to one of his practitioner webinars on Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. He talked about a study he did on rats where he was measuring mast cell release from their brains. He had them in a shielded box where they couldn’t get any EMF exposure. Then he exposed the rats to the amount of EMF radiation that occurs when you make a cell phone call. He said the rats had immediate mast cell degranulation. This published 2019 study confirmed that EMFs cause rat brain mast cell degranulation.
Dr. Theoharides is one of the world’s top mast cell researchers. He is a hard-core scientist. There isn’t any fluff with him. So I trust his research. After I heard that talk, I hard-wired my offices at home and work so I could turn off the Wi-Fi. We also turned off the wireless devices at home. As soon as the Wi-Fi was turned off, my headaches vanished. Just like that. It was amazing.
Then I started remembering how I’ve never been able to fall asleep if there is a laptop powered on in a bedroom. Even if it is on sleep mode. And how I always sleep better when I leave my cell phone outside the bedroom. I remember how I sleep much better in a cabin in the woods than in a hotel in a big city. The pieces started coming together.
I’ve been doing a deep dive on EMFs since then – for almost a year. Here is what I’ve learned.
Common Symptoms of EMF Radiation that can worsen your Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance
- muscle aches
- heart palpitations
- eye irritation
- concentration issues
- burning, tingling or pain when touching a device
- brain fog
- hormone imbalances
- urinary issues
- gut disruptions
- hair loss
- certain cancers
Do you have any of these? Do you have any symptoms that get worse when you are using a cell phone, laptop, or tablet? Or when watching TV? Or on an airplane?
I was having dinner at a restaurant with my husband last week. I’d been there before and felt fine. But I usually sat closer to the door. This time we were seated near the bar. There were 2 big screen TVs behind the bar. I was feeling chatty and happy when we walked in. We were on a date and having fun. After we sat down, though, I noticed my mood start to tank. I started feeling anxious and down. My head started burning on the left side too. Just the left side – that was strange.
I just couldn’t seem to pull myself out of it. About ½ into our dinner, I noticed my head stopped hurting. My mood started lifting too. I looked over and saw the TVs had been turned off. I’m noticing these kinds of connections again and again.
Another confirmation of EMF sensitivity for me came when I was visiting my sister. My bed was next to the router, which I was careful to turn off each night. The last night, I just couldn’t fall asleep. I was having a lot of pain. And it felt like my brain wouldn’t shut down. When I got up after a very restless night, I saw I had forgotten to turn the router off.
What is the evidence for health issues and EMF Radiation? Especially in Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance
I call myself open-minded, yet skeptical. I’m open to any possibilities, but I also want to see some science behind it. If you are like me, you want to see the links of EMF Radiation with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance. Here is just a sample of the research linking EMF Radiation to Mast Cell disruption.
So why are there some studies showing that EMFs don’t affect people? It is because of the way the study was designed. If you test short term EMF exposure on the general public, you probably won’t see a rise in symptoms. But people with Mast Cell activation Syndrome, Histamine Intolerance, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Mold Illness, Lyme, and certain Genetic Variants are much more sensitive to EMF radiation. Further, the longer you are exposed, the more likely you are to have symptoms.
5G is another new concern. I’ve been reading reports of people who felt well, went out of town, and were very sick shortly after returning home. They learned that 5G was turned on in their city while they were out of town. There are a lot of reports online of increased EMF related symptoms with 5G. My city will be getting 5G at the end of the year. Do you have 5G yet?
Regardless of whether you have 5G already, or if it is coming…Keep reading to see what you can do to protect yourself.
The Evidence about EMF Radiation worsening Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance
The research on EMFs worsening Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance is so compelling I’m probably going to be adding it as #8 of the Most Common Root Causes of Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. If you haven’t seen that report, you can get it here: www.mastcell360.com/freereport
Where can you get exposed to EMF Radiation? What to look out for when you have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance.
Before you can protect yourself, you need to know where EMFs are coming from. Any device that uses electricity is likely to create some type of radiation. These can be devices that are plugged in or running on batteries. Here are some ways you can get exposed to EMF radiation. You many need to shield yourself and your children from:
- Cell phones
- Cordless phones
- WiFi routers
- Laptops and desktops
- High speed blenders
- LED and florescent light bulbs
- Electric Cars
- Events with a lot of people carrying cell phones
- Breaker boxes
- Cell towers
- 5G mini towers
Further, blue lights from phones, laptops, tablets, and TVs disrupt sleep-wake cycles. This is why watching TV at night can make it hard to fall asleep.
Does this mean you need to go back to living in the dark ages? This isn’t realistic for most people. And I’m not suggesting it. What I am suggesting is that you take steps to protect yourself. I’m going to discuss those below.
How do you Protect Yourself from EMF Radiation when you have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance?
Our bodies evolved with natural light, which is more blue in the morning and more orange at night. Blue light from TVs, phones, tablets, and computers can signal to your brain that it is morning. This is not a good thing when you want to go to sleep. I wear these blue light blocking glasses at night. I put them on around 8 or 8:30 to help my body transition to sleep. The ones I use are just orange tinted safety glasses. There are lots of expensive blue light blocking glasses available. But I’ve found these cheap ones on Amazon work great for me. Get the wrap around ones.
I have an EMF meter and use it to check my house, office, and places I travel to. I like the Trifield EMF Meter at LessEMF.com. It measures 3 different types of radiation. I use it to see where the most EMF radiation is coming from. Then after I make changes, I recheck that area. For example, I measure the EMF radiation coming off the router. Then when we changed the settings to turn off the WiFi for the router, I measured it again. I could see the radiation had dropped dramatically.
The next thing I got was a Phone Case Shield and Air EarBuds from Shield Your Body. I use the phone case shield anytime I carry the phone or have it near me. I always use the Air EarBuds for talking on the phone. This is because having a cell phone near your body increases your radiation exposure. And regular ear buds have a wire in them that transfers the EMF radiation to your head. The Air EarBuds use an air tube instead of a wire. This is much safer. A good Air EarBuds set sounds just like using regular ear buds – you get the same sound quality. I also use the Shield Your Body Laptop Pad anytime I have my laptop on my lap.
I also sleep in a BlocBag from LessEMF.com. This is like a shielded sleeping bag that protects you from EMF radiation at night. This helps your body get a break from EMF radiation making your sleep more restful and healing. You might also consider a Bed Canopy from LessEMF.com. This is what I plan on using next. If you do use the Bed Canopy and your bedroom is on the 2nd floor, you want to be sure to get the Floor Mat to go under the bed. This protects you from radiation coming up from beneath your bed.
Ways to shield yourself from EMF Radiation and reduce your Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance
General Home Tips:
- Get a Trifield EMF Meter at LessEMF.com to detect where the highest radiation is coming from in your house.
- Leave the room when the microwave is running.
- Don’t stand next to high powered blenders or refrigerators when running.
- Make sure your bed is not next to breaker box or power lines entering house.
- Use a Bed Canopy or Bloc Bag from LessEMF.com. If using the Bed Canopy, put a Floor Mat under your bed if it is on 2nd
- Ground as much as possible by walking outside barefoot.
- Optimize your anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory supplement plan to mitigate the effects of EMFs.
- Take Epsom Salt Be sure to filter your bath water with a Bath Ball Water Filter to remove the chlorine.
- Opt out of Smart Meter or use a Smart Meter Shield if you can’t opt-out.
- Keep phone 6 feet away from body or use Shield Your Body Phone Shielding Case
- Use Shield Your Body Air Ear Buds or speakerphone only for talking on the phone
- Keep cell phone on airplane mode at night if possible.
- Turn Wifi and Bluetooth off for any devices in bedroom.
- Keep all electrical devices at least 8 feet away from bed when sleeping. This includes digital clocks, cell phones, cordless phones, tablets, laptops, and any other electrical devices.
- Use Hard wire internet connections, rather than using WiFi
- Turn off router at night (can put on a timer switch). Keep router at least 10 feet away from your body at all times.
- When flying, Hydrogen Water Tablets help reduce the effects of EMFs. I use 4-6 of these during flights.
- Use a Trifield EMF Meter to determine where the most radiation is in your room. Often there is a router attached to the underside of the bed.
- Take a Bloc Bag with you to the hotel.
- Move cordless phones, digital clocks, and other electronics away from the bed.
- If you travel to the ocean, walk barefoot in the water and on the sand as soon as possible after landing to ground yourself.
- Take Epsom Salt baths after landing. Take a Bath Ball Water Filter with you so that you can filter out the chlorine in the bath water.
- If you have an electric vehicle, talk to the people at LessEMF.com about how to shield the vehicle.
If you work through these steps, you’ll be well on your way to mitigating harmful EMFs and reducing Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance Symptoms.
Want to learn more about EMFs (Electromagnetic Radiation) in Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance?
There is a lot of bogus information out there about EMFs. It is really a lot to wade through about crystals and pendants and stickers that don’t work or aren’t scientifically validated. Here are top quality, scientific backed learning opportunities.
- Register for the 5G Crisis Summit happening August 26 – September 1, 2019. This is a FREE event. There are free downloads on reducing EMFs you get as soon as you register.
- I highly recommend the ElectroSmog Quickstart Course. This course was developed by Nicholas Pineault, a hard-core EMF researcher. It is $97.
- Schedule a Case Review for a Mast Cell 360 Root Cause Analysis to learn more about what you can do for your Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance.
References on EMFs (Electromagnetic Radiation) in Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance
*Some links in this website are affiliate links, which means I may make a very small commission if you purchase through the link. It never costs you any more to purchase through the links, and I try to find the best deals I can. I only recommend products that I love and use personally or use in my practice. Any commissions help support the newsletter, website, and ongoing research so I can continue to offer you free tips, recipes, and info. Thank you for your support!